800-916-3330

plan

accomodations

guide

 

First Presbyterian Church

The First Presbyterian Church, located on the corner of the NE corner of Prairie & Ferris Streets, was organized with the birth of Galesburg along with the Congregationalists in 1837.  After the split between the two and a series of moves, the cornerstone for this church building was laid on Thanksgiving Day in 1892 with a personal friend of Abraham Lincoln, Newton Bateman, officiating.  George W. Duffield, who wrote the hymn, “Standup, Standup for Jesus,” is a former pastor of this church.

  • Address: 101 N. Prairie St. Galesburg, IL 61401
Start from: Get directions Show Street View