This church, located at the NE corner South & Prairie Streets, was constructed in 1884 in the Victorian Gothic style of architecture. Reverend Joseph Costa was the first parish priest was credited for the design. Inside, the body of a third century Christian martyr, St. Crescent, lies enclosed in a glass case. The body was taken from Rome in 1838 and given to Father Costa. Only 10 Catholic churches in the United States have such a relic.