800-916-3330

plan

accomodations

guide

 

Central Congregational Church

Central Congregational Church Kent Kriegshauser Photography

This imposing Richardsonian Romanesque church building, constructed in 1898 of dark red sandstone transported from Michigan, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It has a number of magnificent rose windows, and is located on the site of the “Old First Church”— founded by the original settlers who came here with George Washington Gale to start a religious community and college.